Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Well I've been afraid of changing, cuz I built my life around you

So I recently changed the cd in my car. Like 3 days ago. This may seem like a mundane stupid statement, but for me it's huge. I keep the same cd in my car cd player for months and months. I changed it to Fleetwood Mac - The Dance. That album/concert dvd has been in constant rotation since I was 10 years old. However, it's taken me 13 years to really "get" it. Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are 2 of my absolute favorite musicians, and the songs that came from the end of their relationship are really speaking to me right now. A truer song has never been written other than "Go Your Own Way".


Look at those two, ugh. Perfection.

To say that I'm going through some life changes right now would be an understatement. As of Sunday (or Monday) I will no longer be a resident of WNY. I always knew this day would come. I've said for a long time that Buffalo is a pretty good place to raise a family, it's a not so great to be a twenty-something. I should have probably left after graduation. Between losing all my friends in a matter of days, and trying to stay afloat in ~this economy~ I've been mostly miserable for the better part of 8 months. I am losing some things by leaving. I'm losing some independence, especially for the week that I will be living at home again, I'm losing a love that I thought could withstand anything and would last a long time, and I'm losing my comfort zone. I'm going to miss it here. I'm going to miss the people that have shaped my life for almost 5 years. I don't remember what it's like to not have certain people in my life. I'm grateful to those people, who know who they are, for all that they've given and shown me.

However, I am more than ready to make this change. I need it. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have such an awesome opportunity basically fall into my lap. In a couple weeks I will be headed to beautiful South Carolina to hang out/help out with some family. I'm ready for a change of scenery, and maybe some southern hospitality.



Goodbye Buffalo.


Hello again Herkimer.



and Get ready South Carolina, I'm coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment