Friday, June 18, 2010

Back to blogging and Summer Camp

Much like everything else in my life, I have seriously ignored this blog. Since I will have a good amount of time on my hands I'm definitely going to try to keep this updated on a somewhat regular schedule. It's funny that during all the time that I was unemployed, I never could update, but now that I do have a job (temporary or not), I'm all for updating!




So I have once again, for the 3rd summer found myself in the pine groves of the White Mountains to work at a summer camp. I never in a million years thought I would end up here. Much less for 3 summers.

I guess for someone who never went to a proper summer camp as a kid, it's like a whole other world here. Considering, the only overnight camp I went to was one that was heavy on the academics and was held at a college in the Finger Lakes, this camp is just like the movies. Except it's completely real life.

I always roll my eyes when people talk about how this place is magical and there's something about the pine grove that just sucks you back in, but I guess I'm starting to realize that they may not be totally off. I'm the kind of person that thinks camping should be in a hotel with a jacuzzi tub, but for the next 9 weeks I find myself wearing only green and white, living in a cabin with people that I only met this week, eating my meals amongst 190+ girls singing at the top of their lungs, and loving just about every minute of it.

I'm so excited for the summer ahead, new friends, old friends, lots of time spent with my sister, and especially getting away from everything else going on in my life and getting a fresh take on what's next for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment